You’ve created a Word document using a custom .dotx template. Every time you go to save the document or exit Word you are prompted to save a document template, even though you have not made any changes to the template and in some cases the document.
There is a Send to Bluetooth COM add-in loaded. You are likely not using this.
Disable the Send to Bluetooth COM add-in.
- Open Word using an account that has administrative access to the computer.
- In Word click File, Options. The Word Options window appears.
- In the left navigation, select Add-Ins. Note the Send to Bluetooth COM add-in.
- At the bottom, select manage COM Add-ins and click Go… The COM Add-Ins window opens. Note the Send to Bluetooth add-in is available and checked.
- Uncheck the Send to Bluetooth add-in
- Click OK. Exit Word (save your documents as necessary)
- Open Word and make sure the Send to Bluetooth COM add-in is no longer loaded. Follow steps 1-3
You should now be forever free of this annoying error.
This one was bugging me for a while. Thanks go out to user grantmo in this forum thread Disable “do you also want to save changes to the document template?” harassalog.